Mental Health Aware is an introductory course designed to increase mental health awareness and give an understanding of how to look after wellbeing and challenge stigma. One Place East (OPE) is the umbrella disability and mental health charity for Redbridge. The wellbeing of our community and those who work and volunteer in the borough is of paramount importance to us.
OPE can offer these courses free for people who live, work or volunteer in the London Borough of Redbridge thanks to the support of Awards for All. The courses form part of OPE’s package of interventions support the recovery from the COVID-19 pandemic.
The course is delivered by an experienced and supportive Mental Health First Aid England (MHFA) Instructor Member Ian Beever on behalf of One Place East.
Through this interactive session you will learn:
- What mental health is and how to challenge stigma
- An introduction to some common mental health issues
- Confidence to support someone who may be experiencing mental ill health
- Ways to look after your own mental health and support wellbeing
Everyone who completes the course gets:
- A certiﬁcate of attendance from Mental Health First Aid England (MHFA)
- A manual to refer to whenever you need
- A workbook and helpful toolkit to support your own mental health
Please note: OPE limits numbers to 12 people per course so that everyone feels safe and supported. We strive to create courses and resources that everyone can access. When booking please specify if you need course materials in accessible formats.
These courses will be delivered using Zoom and the meeting ID and password will be distributed before the event.
To book your space please follow – https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/o/one-place-east-30328709188?fbclid=IwAR01JbbPQvmSnKAt3nQHF_j1OD5TExsDRsUjjFTGl-Dk86DhGO5ss7p_oc0